Skip to main content

July :)

I can't believe it's JULY in a few hours!
Okay I don't know how many times I wrote this, but I'm just amazed by how time FLIES!
Feels like it's just passed new year.
That time I was in Jakarta.
Happy and oblivious that I'd fell sick at the very day that I'd been looking forward super-excitedly...
Okay.
Don't go there. Don't go there.
Remember the door.
Door.
Door.


Okay. So.
Yesterday was the 2nd time I've spoken in front of TLGers.
You know, I'm more like behind-the-scene person.
I wasn't born and bred to be a public speaker. That's for sure.
(Thank God most of the peeps is still on holiday :P)
I was supposed to share about 'Who's God for me' and these days I was constantly reminded of how He brought me to Singapore and the subsequent years afterward.:)
Yesterday I shared a tiny part of His grace allowed me to find a job.
But I know that it happened much much much earlier.

I think I must start with the fact that Singapore was never been my first choice.
In fact, that time I didn't even sure that I wanted to study those finances, accounts thingy.
I was halfheartedly into medical science and had been accepted by some private unis.
But then my mom asked me to take this exam.
English and Maths. I thought, why not? 
I was accepted.
Both of my parents asked me to take this uni in Singapore, so again I thought, why not?
At that time, home was not the happiest place.
I love my Mom and Dad and sister so so so much.
But still, home was not. The happiest place.

So off I flew.
University was the best.
Unlike the busy high school, I spent so little time studying and more time having fun and out with the others. LOL.
I never felt so alive.
Like a bird caged for years, I finally taste this thing called FREEDOM. Muahaha.

Every Sunday I went to BCS with my best friend.
Until the 2nd year of my Uni when I saw on the BCS bulletin that one of the cell group was held on Springdale, the same condo where I stayed at that time.
After, what, 1 year plus, if I'm not mistaken, I was made to play keyboard by Ko Remon lol.
To cut the story short, not long after that, it was time to look for a job.
I've graduated together with the rest of my housemates.
We're 4 girls looking for a job.
And all got it within 1 or 2 months.
Except me.
It was one of the darkest moment of my life.
When everyone was talking about their first day at work, I just stared in envy. Lol.
I need to go back and forth to Jakarta, then to JB, even once to Batam because I need to renew my social-visit pass.
Everytime the custom officer stamped my passport, I breathe out in relief because I had another 30 days to find a job.
I was so desperate.
I prayed desperately, 'God. I don't wanna go back to Jakarta. I love my life here. I love my youth community, I love my cell group. I just experience the joy of serving, please don't take this away from me'.
A few phone calls asking for my nationality/citizenship/residential status.
Only one call asking for interview.
It was a small manufacturing company in Tuas (yes. Tuas. Where no taxi passes, unless being called). One of the interviewer barely speak English. Sadly I can't understand Hokkien. The interview was a total disaster.
I cried on my way home.
I was waaay beyond desperate.
Devastated.
To the point that I only can say 'God. You know what I want. But I believe that You know the best for me.
Even if I must go back and leave everything behind, You have something better in store for me'.
Then Nana told me that her office in need of another accounts officer.
And that's where I am working up till now. Promoted within one year as a senior.
Currently, 2 of my cell group mates are also working at my office :P


When I was busy applying for various jobs (yes. Various. My JobsDB keep spamming me with random job vacancy like teaching Spanish to trading analyst to sales in travel agency. I set my filter to ALL kind of job, I guess lol) I didn't know why I should be the last one in finding job.
I mean, my grade was okay. I was determined.
I was not the kind of girl that run to mommy, crying.
I never failed in any subjects during my school or uni time.
I was not the dreamy type. I strive.
Then, why me?
Well I believe one thing.
That He works in ALL things for the good of us.
I didn't understand at that moment. But then I got it.
Back then, I was so sure of my ability.
I was relying of my strength, my power, my brain, my experience that if I strive and persevere, I will get what I want. I will. With my own strength.
What do they say? You make your own luck?
But apparently, in my case, it is not, isn't it?
Till the point that I surrender and completely given everything up, then He opened the door, in His time, for me.
Not by my might nor my strength indeed.
Even when I was promoted, I know that it wasn't because I work so hard (I went back 6 on the dot lol).
Or because I'm special or sumthing. I'm just one ordinary girl (woman?) with an extraordinary God.
It is true that His favor lasts a lifetime.

So. Yes.
Even when Singapore was my second best.
Even when I was only trying to 'escape', I was caught by His great love.
Beyond my expectations, beyond everything I ever hoped for, beyond my human eyes could ever see, He works wonders.

Now I'm still in Singapore.
I'm still allowed to serve. You can see me in TLG, if not on the keyboard, then among my beloved The Royals.
I have found a family.

If I could choose, I wanna be here forever.
I want to be in this place, in this moment, in this safe place, forever.
But if someday He asks me to leave, to be someplace else, to move forward,
I would just trust in Him.
Even if He asks me to go back to my hometown, to the circumstances I left behind in glee,
I would.
I never say it's going to be easy. Nor better (at least in our eyes).
But as long as He comes along, I'll go.
Because above all my hopes, all my fears, all my dreams, He knows what's best for me.

And you know what makes Him more awesome?
Holding the whole universe in His hand, yet He calls us 'precious'.
Creating stars and moon and even the sun, yet listens to every single of our prayers.
Reigning above nations, yet He cares for every tears we shed.

So, who's God for me?
He's the One and only, great Designer of my life.





Night Peeps.
(And although tomorrow's Monday) You are favored! Wohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'