Skip to main content

Doors

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FEBE KINAWA PANGGUA LUMILING!
My baby sister's just turned 20. Wow. WOWWW. Time flies!!
It feels like yesterday when I turned 20 myself. Lol.
You know that in your 20s you'd be facing lots of changes.
Challenges. Important and probably, difficult decisions.
Out of your comfort zone and safe cocoon.
Like graduating from Uni. Then finding your first job.
Then maybe, and eventually.. marriage and stuff *shuddershudder*

Febe was here during the weekend.
She went to FA. Just in time for special one, when The Royals met Blessed ;)
Then the next day she also went to TLG Service.
It's like the best of my worlds collided (in a good way haha).
And (as usual) whenever my baby sister visits me here, she always demand a good service.
And when I'm saying 'good service', for her that means, PLENTY of nice food. LOL.
One of them is IKEA meatball.
With or without horse meat, they're still the best meatball in town.

And you know what they say.
That the best fellowship happens during meal time. Hahahaha.
And yeah, we talked about lots of things over those magical meatballs. LOL.

The day before, we're having our lunch when WW (Wise Woman, FYI) mentioned me in one of her instagram feed. 
It was a picture posted by 'Lordposts'. Err. You can search it yourself.
Suffice to say it's like a sharp dart aimed perfectly to the centre of my heart.
B.U.L.L.S.E.Y.E.
Something about 're-open a door God clearly closed'.
And you know that kind of feeling, right?
Something you subconsciously know, but you choose to put it aside because it's easier.
You kept hanging on unto it because you don't dare to let go.
But then someone, or something, brought it out in the open.
And all you can do is just ADMIT that it is what you were doing all this time.

That's what I'm doing.

I'm trying to re-open a door God clearly closed.
Or rather, 'keeping 1 feet inside the room to hold the door from shutting down forever'.
Febe asked me these questions.
How do you know that THIS door was closed by God and not by your self?
How can you be so SURE?
Because if you're not, shouldn't you be hanging on to that door and never let go?
Because maybe, just maybe, someday you'll ought to regret it.

Facing these questions, I was reminded by a few things happened throughout these few years.
Things that assured me that it is one I cannot hold on to.
That this particular door were supposed to be closed.
At least for now.
And answering my sister 'queries' has reminded me of my commitment to love God and put Him first and foremost, above all.
(When I say all, that means ALL)
Until then, I don't deserve to open any kind of 'door'.
Especially, this one.

 It's not going to be easy.
To love yourself less and to put all of your desire after His.
Febe told me that maybe I was in the middle of the process.
Process of shifting my other feet from wedging the door open. Hahahaha.
And she asked, if it was what He knows best for me, why don't help me close the door once and for all.
Why let me, ME, the weak-me, to close it all by myself.
You know, it crossed my mind a few times. When times are tough.
Why let me do it? I was not strong enough..

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.
You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors.
So don't try to get out of anything prematurely.
Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."
(James 1 : 2-4 MSG)


:)
You know the kind of smile when you know that someone understands?
That's how I smile towards this door thingy now.

Yes, He can do the closing of door Himself. He can close any harmful door for me.
Easily.
Then I would never have to look back and I can continue my days like nothing happen.

But when He asks me to do it by myself, that means the process is what matters to Him.
I'll consider it a sheer gift, then.




Night awesome people.
:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'