Skip to main content

See-Through

Yellow peeps!!!!

AWESOME DAY.

Had a sleep-over last night.
Followed by a hearty brunch session.
Planning to go to Toby's Estate, but then they happened to serve only toast and coffee due to some kind of renovation.
So Kith Cafe it is.
Their brioche yogurt was superrrrrrrniceeeeee I might go there for the yogurt itself lol.
Not forgetting the cozy and relaxing ambiance and the cool drizzly air.
Perfect brunch. Perfect companions.

Yesterday during cell group fellowship, the topic given was about being an epistle of Christ.
Cut thing short, I happened to be reminded that in order to be one 'open-letter' that can be read by basically anyone, we must live a transparent life.
A life that is so pure and acceptable so there is no misunderstanding when other ppl sees it.

Well, it's true.
You can't control what ppl thinks about you.
You can't control ppl's opinion on you.
But you definitely can control where you are and what you do and with whom you're with.

Then I start to share a thing or two about my past.
And I happened to keep some pics. LOL.
Well don't think too much, kay lol.

During the first year of uni, I was 'transformed'.
Simply said, I never had so much freedom in my life.
Until this.
Far from mom and dad and no family or old friend whatsoever, I got a chance to re-invent myself.
Bahahha reinvent myself.
So there I went from club to club. I didn't get drunk.. that much.
Well what? I didn't do THAT bad, I know many kids my age do worseee.

I was born a Christian.
And if you ask me, aren't you supposed to NOT go clubbing?
I had this little voice inside that asking me this same question every time I went for the night.
But I told myself that it's okay. It's not like I'm looking for a random guy or what.

If you ask me why I stop doing it.
Well.
I might say that it's because there's this one time when I got so drunk I can't even control what I'm saying.
I might say the next day I woke up knowing that I'm wasting my life away.
I might say that I know that life worth more than partying.
But I know that the reason I stop everything, was all because of God's grace.

Living a transparent life doesn't mean you are perfect.

If you ask me 'you not shy meh? *Singlish ftw* Ppl see their cell group leader drinking n stuff'

Well honestly a part of me does.
I mean, if I could turn back time. But I couldn't.
Last week, my devotional was about 'Jesus's scar'.

Jesus did not have to retain the scars of the crucifixion on His resurrected body. He could have returned without them.
After all, He is the one who put new flesh on the hands and feet of the lepers.
But He chose to keep the scars, I believe, because they were precious to Him…that’s how others would recognize who He was.That is still the way people recognize Jesus today, when we are not ashamed to show the scars in our own lives.
When we reveal the wounds that are now healed, and tell others about the Healer who made it possible.


I believe that each and everyone of us has this 'scar' that was hidden and concealed for other's eyes.
Other's, except Jesus's.

This realization gives me strength and courage to be, well, transparent.
If Jesus can see everything right through me, that means He sees all my imperfections, all my past, all the wounds.
But instead of looking away, He told me that it's okay, He loves me still.
That my life was not a ruin. I might not see it yet at that time, but it's a work in progress.
HIS work in progress.
My part was to choose.
Haven't I told you that life is all about making choices?
I could choose to live my life the way I wanted it for myself.
Or. ORRR. Or I could chose to let God do whatever He wants and live under His love and grace.

Okayy.
So.

Living a transparent life doesn't mean you are perfect.
Living a transparent life means you have a perfect God that loves your imperfection perfectly.

Here's a song that sum up how I feel now.





Night peeps.
You are loved :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'