Skip to main content

Louboutin in A Box

Yelloooww peeps!

Long time no blog!
Life's been busy, as usual.

Live update.
Trying the eyelash extension last week. Bahaha!
I felt a bit bimbo-ish myself. Well. Never say never.
But it turned out quite great.
Woke up with bigger eyes and (kinda) fresher looks.
They say it should lasts for 3-4 weeks, but I think those lashes were just too delicate for me.
Two weeks tops, I say.
See how lol.

Current hobby : cafe hopping.
Have visited a few cafes located in 'rural' area (if Singapore got any).
Best part is when we're researching which one to go, leafing through people's blog and food diaries.
GoogleMap-ing or GoThere.SG-ing best routes to be taken, I feel like some kind of Indiana Jones in my own treasure hunt.
My own cafe-hunt. Bahaha yeah right.

Okay. Get to the 'pondering' part.

Last week Mom shared her office fellowship's material.
I don't remember all (my bad my bad), but it's about taking up the cross.
I didn't think too much about it. I listened.
The understanding part came a few days later. LOL. Slo-mo.

Many people heard 'taking up the cross' and they start thinking of dragging a dinosaur-like weight for the rest of their lives.

In her share, Mom took an example of a labor who were asked to buy a sack of rice.
Carrying the sack, he would go straight to his boss's place.
There's no way he would go wandering around, well, because the sack was heavy.
He would be focusing on the task at hand, which was to deliver the rice to his boss.

I think I mentioned on earlier post, how I was reminded of the responsibility given to me.
That life is short, that time couldn't be turned back, nor repeated.
And this realization, that I, WE, have a purposed given specifically to each and everyone of us, was never meant to weigh us down.
On the contrary, this 'cross' was meant to keep us focus on our track.
It helps us to ignore the distraction that comes along the way.

I am captivated by this song I heard a few days ago.



Thousand times I fall. Countless times I disappoint God.
I was distracted by so many beauties of the world, like a kid following a broken kite.
Happiness can be found anywhere. But they would disappear in a fleeting second.
And once our 'glorious moments' were gone, we would be left even more dissatisfied than before.

Then what's this life all about?

Well. Listen to the song once again.



I abandon every distraction My attention is set on You My devotion, Jesus my portion My affection is set on You 

I was made to worship, I was made for Your embrace I was made for worship I was made to bless Your name
 I will bless the LORD at all times I will bless the LORD at all times I was made to worship I was made to bless Your name
 I will shout Your praise forever I will shout Your praise forever I was made to worship I was made to bless Your name
 Captivated by Your goodness Overwhelmed by Your majesty Swept away in Your holy presence Giving over all of me 

My heart and flesh cries out For You to fill me up You satisfy me Fill me with Your power and truth Fill me with love from You You satisfy me




We were made to worship.

Like shoes made to protect our feet when you put them on.
Or a sweater made to keep us warm when we actually wear them.
Put them on the box on the shoe rack or on the cupboard, they wouldn't be much of a use.
They'll go wasted.
So do we.

This life was given to us so we may worship God.
We worship God THROUGH our lives. Daily ones.
The thing is, most of times we live our lives for ourselves.
The focus of our lives is no longer on the Creator.

Like a pair of pretty Louboutin kept inside the box and never worn.
What good does it make?
What good does it make, if this live is no longer pleasing for God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'