Skip to main content

Luck?

Yellow peeps!

Technically, I need to get myself some proper sleep.
But then, I just need to share a thing, or two.. or three lolol.

Here goes.

Yesterday during FA, we were having this sharing session.
A dear friend of mine shared how she felt like wasting her time studying for things she doesn't even want to pursue further.

I was instantly reminded of another friend of mine who experienced similar thing.
She took business instead of early childhood education because her mom told her to do so.
Well, I think she was awesome back then.
She went through 3 years of tough time, memorizing stuff she'd rather not knowing, but then she made it!
And we graduated together, went through tough time of finding a job, and she got one in some kind of financial institution.
What's makes it even more awesome, she took some courses that was required from her.
She studied even more stuff about finance, going far far away from her early dream.
Cut the story short, she met her future-husband, got married.
And guess what.
She's now teaching pre-school children.

Well, I'm just saying.
Sometimes life takes us to places we never expect to be.
Sometimes our dreams seem too far from our grasp.
Sometimes we set a goal, but then situations bring us further and further from it.

One thing that I have learned from the past.
A door closed means a better one had been opened for us.
The thing is, we are sometimes too stubborn and too focus on our disability, our limitations.
We keep meddling in front of the closed door, trying to prey it open.
Waste our time and our energy trying to do so.
Maybe if I do this, or that. Maybe if I DID that, or this..
Well. We just don't wanna let go.

I was meant to study in Melbourne, Aussie.
I've planned the whole thing, but it was a closed door for me.
I went to SG instead.
I was quite disappointed at that time, well, aren't we all upset when our plans went to ashes (halah)
Anyways.
It turns out that Singapore is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Best time in uni, best housemates one ever dreamed of, graduation, job, promotions.
TLG, the super crazy super awesome The Royals.
I experienced God's awesome wonder taking me from one state to another.
How His love beats all the kind of love ever offered by this world.
How His love heals.

I grow and am still growing.

Another thing that I have learned is that : God cares.
As a good Father that take delight in the joy of His children, He wants us to be.. well, happy
He knows my dream. And yours, too.
And when things go totally different from what I've planned, it might be because I'm just not ready yet.
There's still a thing or two (or MANY) that He wants us to learned before we can 'handle' our dreams to be fulfilled.
Get me?
Here's an example.
When I was 5 years old, I watched grandma's cooking.
I wanted to help. I wanted to help her chopping onions.
Seems fun.
Would my grandma pass me the big knife? (You think?)

So does God.
He wouldn't just stamp 'APPROVED' for our plan, if He assessed that it could harm us, directly or indirectly.

I think I've wrote many times already, about me finding a job.
To recap, the other 3 housemates have found them a job and I was the last woman standing unemployed when I was quite confident of my uni transcript and how my resume contained more internship then others.
LOL. In the end, Nana asked me if I'd like to go for an interview at her office, and it is the office where I go to this past 2 years plus.
I was able to get another 2 friends a job there, and I also got promoted last year.
I worked for less than a year when Mr.Boss told me that he'd recommended for a promotion.
He even fought for my promotion.

Finding a job, I've learned a lot about humility.
I've learned that it was not by my power, nor my strength.
It has nothing to do with how good I was at uni.
It has nothing to do with me at all!
And knowing that it is only by Grace alone, I learned how limited I am.
How my strength can be a weakness. And how in my weakness, His strength is made perfect.

I believe that the second thing, the promotion, wouldn't be THAT fast.
(Or wouldn't happened at all) if I hadn't learned the first thing : to humble myself.
If finding a job was like snapping fingers, then I would took credit that I deserved it all because I was THAT good.
Arrogant would be my middle name.
Because I was THAT good. Or so I thought. LOL.


You might think : is it just luck?
Maybe you're just lucky.

Luck might bring me 1 good thing.
But only God can make things work in series of events sequentially such that every piece of the puzzle falls in its place at the right time, at the right place, at the right moment.


What I'm trying to say here is that, He ploughed up the soil before planting a seed.
He prepare our hearts for bigger things in life so whatever comes may, for the better for the worst, we may stand firm, not shaken.


Bring your dreams under God's feet.
Persevere in your struggles.
Don't lose hope.
He knows and He cares.


Night peeps :)
You are loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'