Skip to main content

Another Kind of Goodbye

Another 16 days to Jakarta.
WOHOOO!!!

This weekend was remarkably.. remarkable. LOL.
So many things happen, memories to be bottled-up.

Wait wait.

Before I start my 'routine ramble', let me share 1 song that keep repeating on my playlists and branded on my brain already.
Another powerful song from Hillsong, played first time on TLG and I happened to be the keyboardist for the week.
I imagine you're reading through my posts while listening to this song (unless you happened to open this blog from your supposed-to-be-smart phone but can't open YouTube embedded video like my Notes LOL).
I like this version because here the lead singer is a woman and I can follow her sing easily, rather than the shrieking high-pitched sound I produced whenever the lead singer happened to be a guy lol.





Okay.
Here goes.


So this Friday, instead of the usual cell group meeting, The Royals was having BBQ for one of my cell group's mate that's going back to Jakarta for good.

I remember blogging a few posts about 'goodbyes' and how those were moments I detest the most.
How things that supposed to be routines now becomes a luxury you could no longer afford.
How trivial stuff now become so precious because you have run out of chances.

But I have learned that the biggest source of sadness when it comes to goodbyes is mostly.. regret.
Regret of how many chances you let go just because there's a tomorrow.
Regret of taking things for granted. Moments you didn't seize, feelings you didn't expressed.

And this time, I have learned that there's another kind of goodbye.
The kind that makes you cry, not because of sorrow or sadness or regret or ache, but because of gratefulness and joy and blessedness (yes, I've Googled, and there's the word #blessedness lol).

I first met Vale on my 2nd year of uni life, about 4 years ago (? not good remembering year/time...)
Anyway, I never thought that we actually speak the same 'language'.
I mean, if you happen to know us back then, we were completely different.
But as the time goes by, I learned that she's not as scary (scary pretty) as she looks.
We're getting along quite well. I often come to her for 'beauty advice'. LOL.
Well back than I didn't know anything about makeup.
I think I only got some that my mom bought for me.
Suffice to say, she opens up my eyes to the art of 'face paintings' and curling irons hahahhaha.

I got a job 2 weeks after Vale got hers.
I remember it clearly because of my problematic pass, while hers was granted super easily.
And while I struggled to get one, she got a job quite easily, if I might say.
We started going out after working hour.
We used to have lunch together because her office is actually at a walking distance to mine.
We went out for movies and dinners and shopping more often.
I remember sending her links when confused about choosing bag's colors and shoes colors and clothes colors and other girly stuff because I trust her sense of style ;)
Well, she's my 'mentor' :P
I also shared my (ermm) loveydovey stuff and other personal stuff with her as well.
She got to know my stories and I got some of hers.
And when I was trusted to lead The Royals, Vale also got scheduled as worship leader as well.
A woman with multiple talents, Vale is.
It's an honor to serve The Royals with her. I'm blessed.

But it's only yesterday that the realization of how SUPER AMAZING God's timing is downed on me.
Yesterday Vale gave her 'farewell speech' during TLG.
(In which WW and I and a few others can help the teary eyed and snotty nose).

Remember when I say how easy it is for her to get her job?
Yesterday she even told us that she was not even applying for it, one of her friend recommended her for the position. That time, she's not even sure that she wanted to stay in SG.
I mean, the boyfie in Jakarta, of course that's where she wanna stay.
But with this job easily handed over to her, she decided to stay longer.
She told us yesterday, that The Royals was one of the reason that she even consider to postpone going back for good to Indo.
But while working here, she testified that she was changed.
That she never wanted to before, but now she wanted to involved more in The Royals as well as in TLG.
That's when she got scheduled for leading worships in FA. And playing a role in TLG Movie as well.

See how amazing it is?
How God works wonders. How He processed us in different ways specifically custom-made for each and every one of us.
Me with the hard-earned job.
Vale with the super-easy one :)
If I were the one who got my job easily, I might take it for granted. I might think that it's the way it's supposed to be. Because I am good enough, strong enough, hard-working enough.
I wouldn't learn how to humble myself and rely solely on His mercy and grace.
I wouldn't learn the true meaning of surrendering and to have faith in something you can't see nor touch.
If Vale were the one who couldn't get a single interview call, she might be in Jakarta already.

I am overwhelmed by God's awesome plans.
I think it's a bit like 'Now You See Me'.
The closer you look, the less you see.
We, human, only have a set of eyes which only can see a single moment in a single time.
But God, with His well-I-don't-know-how-many sets of eyes and ears and magnificent plots have it all on the go, if only we trust and completely surrender.
Well, sometimes I think it's better if  I could just closed my eyes and put my small hands in His so He could lead my life entirely.

So. Yeah.
There I got to learn a new perspective on goodbyes.
That when you know you live your life on His path, there's no regret, no missing chances, no moments go wasted.
That it is not tears of sadness, but tears of joy and hope in Christ.






Good night, beloved peeps.
Me love ya.

But Jesus loves you even more :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'