Skip to main content

A for A Perfectionist

Hellow Yellow!
Another weekend has passed.
Currently looking forward to early August when I'll be going back to Jakarta.
Most probably I've got a new pup waiting for me at home.
The same one as the last one. Another dachshund.
But this one should be long-haired, instead of smooth.
So my mom and Febe have been 'hunting' for this long-haired mini dachshund for quite a while.
Apparently they're quite rare in Indo.
Smooth-haired mini dachshund (or widely known as 'tekel' or 'sausage dog' lol) is much easier to find.
So rare those long-haired, when my mom found a breeder in Bandung with newly born dachshund, she needs to transfer a sum to 'secure' the pup.
The pups were born in May. Next week my mom and sissy are going to pick her up.
Then on August, I'll be coming home to her
*Crossing fingersssss*
My baby browny fluffy pups. Aww *melt*


......

Okay. I'm a sucker for puppies.
I just can't help it.
I think it's in my genes.
Oh well.



Anyway.

Yesterday on TLG, we're having this one speaker.
In the middle of his sermon, he told us that he's just learned to 'read' a person based on their signature and hand writing.
So he asked one of us to sign on a piece of paper and hand it over to him.
Then he told her what's her strength and weaknesses.
In terms of character, of course.
After 2 person came up, he asked 'Who else?' and WW kept nudging me 'Go go Ke'
So there. I stood and signed on a piece of paper.
Below is the conversation between me (M) and the speaker (S) :

S : (staring at my handwriting) 'Woww woww. Amazing'
M : ....
S : 'You like challenges, right?'
M : 'Hmm... Err.. (Yea... Depends on the type of challenges, obviously)
S : 'You hate monotony?'
M : 'Hmm'.. Errrr.. (Well. Aren't accountancy considered quite monotonous?)
S : 'Oh.. You're into details, right? Are you very particular with detail?
'M : 'Yes, I am' (Now we're getting somewhere)
S : 'You are organised. That's why your belongings are all well kept'
M : 'Yess yess..' (Then..?)
S : 'Let me tell you something. You can't chase after perfection. You can't be too perfectionist, okay?'
M : 'O..kay.....' (Huh?)
S : 'Guys don't like a perfectionist.'
M : '.......'

Where did THAT come from??? LOL LOL.
I was stunt. Like.. Whaa...aaat? Hahahahahahaha
Speechless.
Even when he continued with his sermon, I can't kept my mind of his.. verdict.
Then I kept thinking about it ._.
Yea I know I know that he might as well just made it up or something.
He even told us that he JUST learned about it himself.
But still.

Back on school time, I used to be so.. precise.
I planned every single things of my day.
When I'm going out with friends, I'd be planning like a commander on a war and when my plan didn't turn up well for one too many reasons, I'd be surrounded by a bad-mood cloud.
But not anymore. Now I'm more laid back, I guess.
Well, I went eating out on the randomest day and sometimes I watch movies when I feel like it.
Just like that.
WW said the older we get, the wiser and the less idealist we are.
(All hail WW!!)

But then.. I'm thinking of the long list of criteria (what? Everybody got one, right? LOL)
And I don't think any of them are discountable. LOL.

When I was in elementary school, I dreamed of a knight in shining armor.
Saving me from all kind of.. whatever stuff an elementary student need to be saved from lol.
When I was in high school, I thought I've found myself one. Haha.

Anyway.
Whole my life, I always have this list I carried in my brain.
And as I grew, the list keep changing.
Some things that used to be so important, now become less and lesser of priority.
Some that never even considered as a must-have, now become on top of them all.
Visible things are replaced by character and values.

Well, I guess people change, aren't they?
People and they priorities and their values.

I used to believe that when people looking for 'a relationship', they are looking for somebody that could complete themselves for whatever stuff they are lacking of.
I used to believe that people were created in pairs, like a pair of wings, looking for the other half is what makes life matters.
I used to believe that when people can't decide, they should 'listen to their hearts'.
I used to believe that someday my prince will come and save me.

Well I guess, I have changed, indeed.

I believe that we are not created in pairs, considering two third on world population are female lol.
No. Seriously. I believe that at some point, we might missed out on each other because, well, maybe we're on the wrong place or wrong time or simply because we're not ready yet.

I know that I don't have to be made complete by finding my other half.
His love is sufficient and whatever I am lacking of, my Father provides. In abundance. 

I believe that heart is not only unreliable, it could be very misleading, too. Lol.
So does brain, if you rely too much on it.

I know that I don't have to be saved.
Because I AM saved. Saved and loved and taken care of for the rest of my life :)

No, I'm not saying that I want to be #foreveralonememe
All I'm saying is, if He sees me fit for one, then it will be in His time in His terms.
And I will gladly wait, because looking back and see how He works in the awesome-est way which we can't even fathom, better to trust and surrender, isn't it?

In the mean time, I'll be chasing after the ultimate perfection.
Not mine. But His.
Because what I see good, might be actually a pending disaster (curcol)
And after all, if not for Him, what's the point of living my life?
Well, if any guy got scared because of it, then sure I'm not missing out on anything ;)

Oh. Talking about, you know, the 'list'. Here's a good one for you :



So? A perfectionist?
Well there's an A in my name. A stands for A perfectionist ;)

Afterall, one must be what one's ask, isn't it?








Night peeps.
BRB chasing after His perfection. LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'