Skip to main content

Top 10 Galau Songs That Must be Avoided LOL

Yes, so you know what I'm about to blog about. LOLS.
Really, it's been quite a journey, this blog.
I used to write about myself because it was intended for self curcol years ago HAHAHA.
Well, since the link to my blog just been posted out to The Royals Whatsapp group, well.......
I might as well saying something meaningful, instead of self indulgence and, as Cici Gillian said, "cinta-cintaan" and stuff. Lol.
Anyway, I still mentioning love thingy later, so pardon me pleaseeee :P


This few weeks, I've been on diet.
Diet on listening to emo songs, sad sad music with sadder lyrics.
See, you must know yourself, right?
Like what kind of thing that 'GET' to you the most.
Some people affected by what they see. Some by what they heard.
Mine is the latter.
Especially songs. Songs that I can relate to.
For me, songs are really powerful. They affect my soul.
They can build up my spirit, or crush it down.

So that's when the inspiration coming.
After some rubbish-yet-enjoyable talks with Ijah, I've decided to write  about it. 

WARNING! Hyperlinks to YouTube could cause chronic galauness.

So here it goes. 

Top 10 Galau (what is galau in English anyway????) Songs that you must avoid when you're down.

*some will be elaborated in Bahasa :P

10.  I Never Told You - Colbie Caillat


Best lines : But I never told you, what I should've said / No I never told you, I just held it in.

I like Colbie's slow songs. This one cocok banget dah sama yg lagi memendam.
Memendam rasa di dada. Cihuy!

Kalo bisa nyanyinya sambil merem2 kaya si Colbie. Niceeee.

Tp sbenernya video clipnya sih happy ending nih.

Ngarep kann?? Bahaha



09. Need You Now - Lady Antebellum


Best lines : guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all / It's a quarter after one and I need you know

I remember I really liked this song, especially the duet part.
Put it on repeat for I don't know how many days.
Tapi saya mau bilang sm mas2 yg nyanyi, drpd jem 1.15 galau, mending tidur mas.


08. Officially Missing You - Tamia


Best lines : All I hear is raindrops falling on the rooftop / ooh baby tell me why'd you have to go? / cause this pain I feel it won't go away / and today.. I'm officially missing you.

Itu baru verse 1 udah sebut sebut raindrops loh. Itu kan props galau #1.  LOL.
A bit hard to tell the best line from this song since all of the lyrics is supergalau punya. 

Parah ini lagu jaman saya SMP kynya. Nostalgia dah. Dulu pas nyanyi menghayati bgt deh. Ho oh.
Ok next.


07. Broken Strings - James Morrison & Nelly Furtado


Best lines : Let me hold you for the last time / it's the last chance to feel again 

Kayanya tingkat kegalauan sebuah lagu can be measured from the first line of the verse deh.
Ini baru 1 kalimat si James nyanyi, udah dalem begini.
Unlike other songs, this one a bit on the  'artsy' side, I think.
Bridgenya :
Oh we running through the fire / when there's nothing left to say / it's the chasing of the very last train / when we're both know it's too late
See? Artsy. They can't be talking about actual fire and train, right? 
I love metaphors!
I think metaphors and parables give you deeper understanding of a situation and at the same time can help covering the cheesiness of a sentence. Bahaha.



06. Breakeven - The Script



Best lines : I'm still alive but I barely breathing / Coz I got time while she got freedom / Coz when a heart break well it don't breakeven / Her best days will be some of my worst / she'll finally find a man that gonna put her first / while I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping / What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you / and what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up but you're okaaay / I'm falling to piecessss

Okay. I think ALL lyrics in this song is superheart breaking. I think the song writer composed his own dilemma. Luckily the emo-ness of the lyrics is still quite balance with the fast tempo.
I mean, if this song got no lyrics at all, you wouldn't guess this one is telling another heart-break case, right?

Tapi gw merasa mas2 The Script rada sotoy. I mean, they assume just because the girl got her 'freedom' means she's doing okay (curcol).
Anyway, I (once) was really into this song.
Coz when a heartbreak, no it don't breakeven noooooo.


05. When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne


Best lines : I never felt this way before / everything that I do, reminds me of you

Ini saya rada bingung kenapa saya rate di nomer 5.
Mungkin karena si Avril niat banget dress up di hutan.
Pasti rempong tuh. Mungkin jg karena lagunya mellow2 dan rada sesuai dgn perasaan saya dulu. Ehehe.
Anyway, while in the search of finding myself (err) back then, she was one of my favorite singer. Like, tough and not girly girly bgitu. Ok. Next.



04. To Make You Feel My Love - Adele


Best lines : I'd go hungry / I'd go black and blue / I'd go crawling down the avenue / You know there's nothing that I wouldn't do / To make you feel my love

WOW! Speaking of dramaa...
Can't even think of going hungry (as in.. starved yourself?) for anyone. LOL LOL.
As for 'go black and blue', I think only happened when you are Rihanna and you happen to be in love with Chris Brown. LOLS.
Mr Bob Dylan, King of Jargons.
But still.
Despite the high degree of lebayness and much exaggeration, I'd still consider this song.. Lovely.
Simple yet meaningful. Ehm.


03. Six Degrees of Separation - The Script


Best lines : First, you think the worst is a broken heart / what's gonna kill you is the second part / and the third, is when your world splits down in the middle / and fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself / fifth, you see them out with someone else / and the sixth is when you admit that you have messed up a li'l

This song can be considered new compare to previous songs.
Anyways, BRAVO The Script. Really enjoy this song.
Creatively summarized what most people went through.
Those epic steps. LOL.
If other song must be sang sambil merem2 penuh penghayatan, this one need the opposite approach.
Fists up, punching air sambil sedikit head-banging kalo perlu.
Bagus deh bisa sambil exercise sedikit. Yu.

02. It Will Rain - Bruno Mars


Best lines : if you ever leave me baby, leave some morphine on my doors / cause it will take a whole lot of medication to realize what we used to have we don't have it anymoreeee
Cause there'll be no sunlight, if I lose you baby / there'll be no clear skies, if I lose you baby
Just like the clouds my eyes will do the same/ if you walk away, everyday it will rain rain raiiiiinn

Well-galau-done. Nearing the top ladder of emo songs, here we find Mr MARS, finally!
Too bad, most of times when we're in kind of situation, the skies clear and the sun shines even brighter.
Like, inside you feel like your world turns upside down, but outside, it's just another sun-shiny day.
Well, that's life, baby.


01. When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars 


Best lines : Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now / our song on the radio, but it doesn't sound the same / when our friends talk about you all that it does is just tear me down / coz my heart breaks a little when I hear your name
Too young too dumb to realize / that I should've bought you flowers and held your hand / should have gave you all my hours when I had the chance / take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance / now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man


JLEB! Bulls-eye, baby.
Bahkan saya yg wanita ini pun merasa miris denger lirik lagu Bang Bruno yg ini.
Sabar ya mas, pukpuk. Yg lalu, biarlah berlalu.
Mungkin dicoba ranjang single aja gitu, drpd mubazir.

Anyway, four-thumbs-up for Mr Mars! 
 think it's just fair if the title of Mr Galau 2013 goes to him. LOL.
Really. Just now, over dinner, we're talking about Bruno Mars' songs.
They are either cheesily flirty or exaggeratedly sad .___.


Okay so there they are.

Please, please, don't listen to all of them at the same time.
Or worse, create an 'emo' playlist with the same emo title like 'Let Go' or 'Heartbreak' or.. run out of other cheesy words.
These emo songs are messing up with my brain!

In case yours also messed up of too much heartbreaking earthshattering songs,
WORRY NOT!
I know the antidote!

Back to my 'diet'.
I'm not only 'stop listening'. I substitute.
Galau songs with worships :P

In my opinion, sometimes you feel emo or sad or galau or whatever similar, because you're focusing on yourself a little bit too much.
You're focusing on your heartbreak, on your lonely life, etc etc.


Yes, everyone in this world are craving for the same thing.
To love and to be loved.
The thing is, we're too often try to find love in wrong places.
Wrong person, wrong time, wrong town, wrong space.

But don't you know that there is one Love that loves unconditionally, relentlessly, and eternally?
This One Love that love you when you're still inside your mother's womb.
Not because you are worthy of His love.
Not because you can compose a love song so beautiful that He fell for you and given it all to you.
We can try our best to love.
But at some point, we will go tired of rejections, of selfishness, of ungratefulness.
Our love fades. That's why relationships fail.
But Jesus loves never. 


That's why I tell you. The antidote is to worship and praise Jesus.
It simply shifts your focus to a new perspective.

Soon you'll see that when you have this Love, when you experience how great His love is, you'll understand that nothing else matters.
That Jesus love is enough for us. More than enough.
It satisfies our needs to be unconditionally, relentlessly, and eternally loved.
All you need to do is accept, and receive.

This truth sets me free.

Well, yes, I'm still experiencing a bit of galauness now and then.
Not necessarily about the lovey dovey thingy and stuff.
Can be about work, or family, or some others. 
What?? I'm only human after all. LOL.
But everytime I'm in this pitch black tunnel, I know that I'm not alone.
That His mighty hands carry me and my burden and the whole world's burden and still powerful enough to juggle the whole universe's problem as well.
Therefore all I need to do is put my trust in Him.
After that, well, galauness doesn't sound so intriguing anymore.
It's just.. Pointless, isn't it? :P


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'