Skip to main content

Mars, Venus, Whatever

I'm sure you've heard this before 'Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus'.
It's actually the title of book written by John Gray in 1992.
According to this book, the source of many misunderstanding between the two gender is the difference between their communication style and emotional need.
One thing I most agree is that women talks about their problems to find friendly allies, just to be heard. However, men talks to get solution for their problem.

As a girl, I often find that men are the most insensitive creature on earth.
They just don't have a clue about unspeakable needs of girls.
Or maybe they just play dumb? LOL

Take my dad as a simple case study.

He almost never remember anyone's birth day.
He even forgotten my mom's birthday, which I found rather unbelievable since it was on Dec 24.
I mean, it's ONE day before CHRISTMAS, Dad!
He also forgets mine and my sisters, but we've gotten used to it.

So on Christmas night, while having our Christmas-dinner-slash-Mom's-bday-treat,
we talk about this 'habbit' of him.
Mom told us an anecdote about an employee of hers and his ex-girlfriend.
Cut the story short, he forgot about her birthday.
She got pissed (obviouslyyyyy) and she broke up with him right away.
Hearing this, dad tooks the poor guy's side (surprise suprise).
He said, when the girl broke up with him, she actually did him a favor.
(Dad : "What kind of girl break up because of such silly reason)
And I (and Mom, and my sister) was like,
WHAAAAAT???
It's NOT silly!
How can this guy possibly loves her if he cannot even remember her birthday?
But Dad said that care about someone does not positively correlated with doing small things
(such as a simple happy birthday) that could make her/him happy (huh? I'm confused myself)


So now, can you see how men and women is NOT the same?

I often wonder about this 'phenomenon'.
How can a man and a woman be so different yet they instinctively looking for each other 'half'.
But after some thinking, maybe this differences that pull them towards each other in the first place.
Like the positive and negative polar of magnets that pull each other closer.
They complete each other.

But isn't this difference itself that makes relationship is hard to maintain?
After you found each other, how could you survive 'the war'?
The war of a constant misundertanding, of not knowing what each other wanted,
repeatedly disappointed, and as a result, hurt.

I think the best recipe for this is, well, nothing but a good communication.
If men are bad on reading clues, just tell him what you want.
I know sometimes it's not that simple.
But I believe if you love someone, you wouldn't let him/her slip through your fingers just because you don't try hard enough, right?
Well, at least, I do.
I believe that fall in love is a choice.
But a good relationship is a result of hardwork :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'