Skip to main content

Love Story

Yesterday, one of my cell group friend shared us his view.
"Why when women have a chat, they will end up talking about guys and marriages.
Mostly we (men) only topics was sports. Last night soccer's score. Who's going to final championship, that kinda thing."

His statement rang a bell inside me, like "HEY! THAT'S REALLY REALLY TRUE"
And why girls never got bored with that topic? What's with girls and love stories?

Based on my house mates and my experience, I came up with a theory that maybe, just maybe, hypothetically correct.

When we are young, let's say three or four years old, our parents used to tell us bedtime stories.
And most of them involving, well, love story.
The plot of those stories often similar : damsel in distress found a handsome macho prince on a white horse. Fell in love with each other. The prince fought dragons/beasts/ugly witches/wicked stepmothers. Of course the prince would always win. And "they live happily ever after".

When we had been to old for bed time tell tale, we started watching cartoons, and our favorite one would be, GUESS WHAT *sarcastic*. Yes, another love stories.
Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Mulan.
All girls wanna be those princesses. Beautifully fragile, lived in an enormous castle, have pretty dresses, nothing to worry about (a princess doesn't have to do homework and house chores, let alone study for exam. LOL) Destined to be in love with the leading man character that usually rich and handsome and apparently has a title also (a prince, can you imagine married to a royal family). Oh, don't forget the happy ending part.

Now, we're not that naive anymore, right?
We know certain facts that make love story less sweet for us.
Your prince charming might prefer to save another princess, not you.
Your dragons/beasts/witches/wicked step mother-slayer turned out to be the dragons/beasts/witches/wicked step mother itself (a jerk, for short).
And when you think you got them already, the "happily ever after" part doesn't just happen. You got to work it out together. Otherwise, well, bye bye love story (ever heard DIVORCE)
We realize that love sometimes can be poisonous (see Shakespeare who wrote Romeo and Juliet. I think he could explain clearly about it)

Yes. You can tell yourself that you're a grown up.
But see what kinda entertainment you like the most.
Movies with a good looking lead actor?
I bet you were hoping that someday that will be the kind of guy that will save you from your boring life.
Soppy soap opera?
I bet it was the drama about man and women that you die to see because it's saver to see it happened to someone else rather than yourself.
Cheesy love song filled up your iTunes?
Well, what can I say. Women are helplessly romantic (at least most of us are).

The ultimate question is
"how come you learn the fact that fairy tale doesn't really exist, yet you're absentmindedly still looking for it?"

Well, that happen to me, too.
I think I'll blame it to the little girl in me.
She's a part of me that stays the same despite every bad things that should have change me into a 'grown-up'.
A part of me that keep hoping for a fairy tale though this is a hopeless world we're leaving in.
Keeps me wishing that someday, maybe someday, a white horse will galloping towards me with the charming prince on its back. Going to save me from, whatever. He'll sweep me of my feet. Make me fall head over heels in love (been there, done that. But this time without the heartache please. LOL). Then, yes, unavoidably, live happily ever after :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'