Skip to main content

A Love With No Strings Attached

Today during main session worship, God asked me a question that made me go,
“What? I don’t get it. What are you trying to say??”

HAHAHA tbh it’s not that I don’t get what He’s saying..
It’s just that I don’t understand why He asked me that,
“Ke, from now on, you can stop praying for AB and start praying for Indonesia.”

I mean.. Does that mean I should move on and forget what He’s doing with AB?
I wrestled about it a bit, but yielding gets easier and easier with each ‘funny request’ of my Father.

So I told Him, “Ok Papa. I trust your heart.”

But the next second, another thought came,
“But Papa. You know I’ll think about him. And when I think about him, of course I’m gonna talk to You about him and isn’t it the same thing as praying for him? I mean I might not write down my prayer like what I’m doing right now. But still. How can I not praying for someone I love?”

I heard Him chuckled.
“Exactly.”

Once again, I am amazed by His genius.
With one sentence, He revealed what’s hidden in my heart, He challenged my paradigm, and He shift something in my heart. With just one sentence.

He reminded me of this small thing that happened yesterday. I accidentally dropped my toilet paper and the word “unfolding” came to my mind. He then said, “Ke. From now on, you can just rest. Because the future is now unfolding. All My moves are set in motion.”

So when He asked me NOT to pray. He basically reminding me that He’s got this.
That everything that has happened and everything that WILL happen is only happen because of Him.
Nothing that I’ve done has earned this (whatever this may look like in the future HAHA).
With one sentence, He’s made it impossible for me to boast about what I’ve done in the secret place that could earn AB’s love. With one sentence, He’s made it impossible for me to have a sense of entitlement.
He wants me to know that AB is the greatest GIFT from the Lord. He’s with me, purely to show me the grace of the One who loves me the most. He’s with me, purely because God has moved in the background.

Then He reminded me of His love, and He’s reminding me that I’m now loving AB with His love.
His love is an open-handed kind of love. He invites us to receive His love. But we are never forced to receive it. That’s the beauty of God’s invitation. We are given full freedom to say “yes” or “no” to Him. And even when it’s a no from us, His offers still stands. He waits for us to come home.

I was scrolling through my email when I stumbled upon this devotional,
“That is exactly what God said to Jesus. “Son, I love them so much that I have to do something!” Then He sent His one and only perfect Son to earth where He would live and die for you and for me. God’s love is unconditional -  a love with no string attached - a love worth celebrating.”

My heart knows instantly what He’s saying.
He wants me to love simply and purely, like Him.
He wants me to redeem the part of AB’s life where people seemed to withhold their love to control or manipulate each other. I mean, the world’s kind of love seeks to be reciprocated. “At least you gotta give me something. Because I’ve done this much for you.”

But God is different. He loves us unconditionally. He loves us with no string attached.
He is now teaching me to love unconditionally. He’s teaching me to love AB with no string attached.
And I’m saying yes to everything that He shifts within me. I’m saying yes to offering my love. I’m saying yes to wanting him to be part of my future. But even if he chose not to, I’ll still choose to love. I’m saying yes to loving AB with no string attached.
I never felt so vulnerable, yet at the same time, so covered by His love.
I am reminded of that time when Ruth chose to lay at Boaz feet.
I felt so weak, yet so strong.

And just now, while sitting on my sofa, talking to the Father, I started to pray for Indonesia.

He said,
“I want Indonesia like you want AB. I love Indonesia the way you love AB right now. I want Indonesia to received My love, the way you want AB to receive yours, too. You see. Right now, you can only love him in prayer, but when he says yes to you, he’ll receive the fullness of your love. Right now, I can only love Indonesia as far as they allow me to. I want Indonesia to receive the fullness of My love, too.”

ISN’T GOD A GENIUS!!
I get it, God.
I get it HAHA.

I can see that this is the starting point of God preparing my heart for my nation. Before He grows the love for Indonesia in my heart, He’s showing me how He really feels about Indonesia through my feeling to AB. Termantap lah You, Pak.


“She sets her heart upon a nation and takes it as her own, carrying it within her.
She labors there to plant the living vines.”
Proverbs 31:16 TPT

Thank you for choosing me for this adventure of a lifetime, Papa.
Thank you for never giving up on me, for never stop chasing after my heart.
Thank you for trusting me with Your heart and Your desires.
Thank you for every prayer answered.
Now I want to live to answer Your prayer, too.

Give me a heart for my nation. Give me a heart for Indonesia.
As You’ve taught me to love AB, teach me to love Indonesia.
A love with no strings attached.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'