Skip to main content

I Want In!

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
(Habbakuk 3:17-18)

So last weekend I asked Him, "Search my heart, God."
I was in good terms with God. Or so I thought.
Because last week He unveiled the depth of my heart.
He shed the light and I couldn't hide.

I chose to confront myself. And God graced me with strength.

The first thing I was made aware of was my doubt.
I doubt myself.
I know that I am here because this is where He led me to.
But could I do what He asked me to do?
There's a fear of disappointment that seize my heart. So sudden and so heavily laid on my shoulder, I gotta stop doing what I was doing and called out to my Father for help.
He reminded me of one simple verse, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in You."
When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.
As I repeated this sentence, the fear's gone. Just like that.
It's like.. The focus was shifted from my limited self to the limitless God.

Wow. His word is indeed a powerful weapon!

The second thing I was made to face is my feet.
My tired feet.
I'm tired of standing still and waiting for His promise to come to pass.
I thought I wasn't much of a planner lol. But I kinda put pressure on myself that a leader should be the one who give direction. And I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA what He wanted.
Well, I know the big picture. But like. What now, God?
He made me rest on His shoulder. He told me that it's okay not to be okay.
And through it all, He'll be the one who carry me when I'm at my weakest. Aww God :')
He made me rest and surrender.
He also told me that I've been asking the wrong question all these times. LOL God.
I've been asking WHAT's next. WHAT I should DO.
Instead He reminded me that I should've asked for the most important thing that I couldn't live without : His heart.
I was reminded that the very thing that cause Him to do what He did was His heart.
His heart for the people. His heart that is full of compassion for the sheep with no shepherd (Mat 9:36).
"We need to see as Jesus saw and feel as Jesus felt so that we will do as Jesus did." - Charles Spurgeon.
Ok. 'Nuff said God. Got it! 

The third thing which is THE HARDEST ONE EVER was when I REALLY left The Royals.
I mean, I know that I've said YES to Him and I will always say YES whatever He may ask.
But I never thought that IT'S GOING TO BE THIS HARD!
Like when one of them realized that I won't be going to this Friday session and she cried.
Aww Hil.. I told her that I will still see her in TLG and whenever we meet later.
I mean it's not like I'm going back for good.
I put on my best brave-face but to be honest, I wanna cry with her, too!
Like Ci Gil said, "It's going to be different."
And when I saw iWitness that was posted on TLG Insta.
I realized that I won't be there to see them grow. I love every part of those Fridays, from the PW, sharing Firman and snacking lol. But my favorite part is the personal sharing of the kids.
It's amazing to see God's goodness in their lives. And sometimes God gave me glimpses of His heart. Like, how much He loves these kids. And my heart would swell with gratitude that I was there to witness His power that is at work and alive and changing people's life.
I know I'm going to miss those Fridays.
I told the Praptanas that I think I might have an emotional attachment with them kids and Ko Rai told me it was a good thing. I told you, at this moment, this doesn't feel too good though.
But I guess every mom who watch her kids grow must bide farewell when they leave their house one day. I sound as old as my mom now HAHA.

OK STOP WITH THE EMO STORIES.

Today during TLG (which I have skipped 2 weeks in a row for Isabel-Edo's wedding and Phuket trip) praise and worship, God told me to LET GO.
Oh well. My Father knows me best.
So I told Him, "I'm letting go. I let go. Help me to let go. Whatever you want, I'll do it."
I cried so hard I don't care how my singing-crying voice sounds like lol.
But that's an overflowing peace and it's like my Father's hugging me and comforting me.
Well. He knows I'm taking a huge leap of faith and He's been there all along.
Good good Father.

And the sermon that follows today's 'letting-go moment' was like one continuous message that superstrengthen my soul.
It's about dreaming God's dream. To grasp His vision that is gonna be WAAAY beyond your capacity right now because in the gap of your capacity and that vision is where the Holy Spirit gonna do the work.
And it's like all this time I was asleep.
And now I'm awaken.

I was reminded of the thing that God has spoken to me clearly and then confirmed by a man of God that prophesied to me. 
When I first hear about it, I set it aside because I thought it was too big, too far away, too impossible.
But then again, if you asked me last year where I would be, I would say that I'm going to be here, TLG, The Royals.
Well, I trust God's heart. I trust His timing.
And whatever He plans ahead, God, I WANT IN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'