Skip to main content

About Heartbreaks

Azik.

These past weeks I have learned about the sovereignty of our God.

Sovereignty - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereignty
Sovereignty is understood in jurisprudence as the full right and power of a governing body to govern itself without any interference from outside sources or bodies. In political theory, sovereignty is a substantive term designating supreme authority over some polity.

It all starts with a promise.
God promised something that I never even thought about.
I was in the midst of battling something in prayer, but He revealed something else.
AH SUSAH GW GA BISA NGMG DULU. Not yet.
Intinya, what I prayed about was answered with something entirely different.
He gave me a promise that I never even dare to ask hahaha.
And the biggest hindrance while waiting on His promise to be fulfilled is.. well, basically, myself.
I doubt.
From time to time He gave me glimpses and assurance to keep me going, but along the way, I doubt.
I never doubt His goodness, His loving-kindness, His provisions, but this time.. He takes me to a whole new level in my journey of faith.

Ok, set aside the promise because there's something else that is entirely different but somehow related.

It's about this week's Jkt gov's election.
And the heartbreaks that follow.

I believe most of us who flew back in the middle and sacrifice our Annual Leave allowance experienced the same disappointment. Heartbreaks.
Personally, political dynamic's of Indo is something that I have never paid attention to.
Simply because I didn't see any point in it. Same old things, different faces.
But this time, it's entirely different. There's a hope for better things to come.
A man of God, with a heart for the people, reflecting Jesus in the way he is scorned, mocked, and rejected by the people he's trying to help the most.
Somehow we were really sure that God will lead us to victory.

And then came the heartbreaks.

When the fact sunk in, I was out with mom and Febe.
During the trip back home, I couldn't stop saying how sad I was. 20 times, at least hahahah.
And God reminded me about our conversation the night before election day.
I was tired from the flight and the macet lol biasa sih. During my conversation with God, I playfully asked, just out of my curiosity, who's gonna win the election and stuff.
He actually told me this result. Like, 3 times even. 
But I was SO SURE of the victory that I just brushed away what I heard and thought 'I must be too sleepy to sit properly. Let alone having a serious conversation with God'

I always say to those who ask : it's not about your effort to listen and understand Him, it's about our Father who longs to communicate, converse with us. Therefore, when we come seeking His heart, He will speak with ways that are tailor-made to us and our character to made us understand. After all, He is the Creator. Hello.

But this time.
I got what He's telling me.
Hearing and understanding is mutually exclusive.
I could hear Him without understanding any of His saying when I did not put God sovereignty over all.
In other words, "YOUR Kingdom come, YOUR will be done."
Not mine. Not ours. His.
It comes back to a heart fully surrendered.
I am truly humbled.

OK! Back to the promise I mentioned earlier.

Have I mentioned that I doubt, like, A LOT of times.
He knows the depth of my heart. He knows my doubts.
So today He spoke,

John 8:23-24The Message (MSG)

23-24 Jesus said, “You’re tied down to the mundane; I’m in touch with what is beyond your horizons. You live in terms of what you see and touch. I’m living on other terms. I told you that you were missing God in all this. You’re at a dead end. If you won’t believe I am who I say I am, you’re at the dead end of sins. You’re missing God in your lives.”

I couldn't see His promise. Yet.
But the One who hold my world is living in the past, in the present, and in the future.
He is in touch with what is beyond my horizons!
Indeed, the power of a surrendered life doesn't come from the act of surrendering itself, but from the One who is now taking hold of the life surrendered.

This verse comforts me.. knowing that the fulfillment of this promise doesn't come from myself, or from anyone else, but ONLY from the One who made His promise known to me in the first place.
He has full right, full power, without any interference from anyone : He is sovereign.
He is living on terms that is beyond ours.

So I wanna give thanks for this (humanly) impossible promise of God.
Because then, when His promise comes alive, I can say that none of that ever come from myself or my undying effort to pray and stuff.
But rather, because my sovereign God has said so.
I won't settle for less than God's miracle!
To God be the glory.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'