Skip to main content

Gong Xi!

Yellow hello!

There's so many things going on, I couldn't find a time (or niat) to sit down.

So tonight, I tell myself, "STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND WRITE THOSE THINGS DOWN OR YOU MIGHT MISSED OUT YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO BLESSED OTHERS"
Pheww. Sorry for caps. But really, there are lots of stuff I gotta write.
Then come this movie and that movie and there goes my moments.
It all comes down to making daily choices, really.

ANYWAY.

Tonight, just a few hours ago, the three of us ladies, were walking to our bus stops.
Just now in the prayer tower, one of them prayed about this coming Valentine's Day and how some, well, many of the singles are getting 'worried' and in a 'hurry' to find someone, to the extent of ANYone before the day.

I have another childhood story to tell.
Err. Nothing to do with the above, but somehow related.

Back then when I was in school, I envy those celebrating CNY.
(Btw, gong xi gong xi and congrats buat yang menuai angpao2 banyak).
I envy their angpaos, of course!

Oh FYI, buat yang belom tau.
My dad is Indonesian, like a true blue Indos, from Sulawesi Selatan.
My mom is Indonesian Chinese, lahirnya sih di Bandung.
Well, ketemunya juga mereka Bandung. Apakah karena ini gw tiap balik Indo pasti ke Bandung?
Ga tau jg.

Back to envy.
Yes, I envy the angpao.
But growing up, I envy the acara2 dan kumpul2 dan whatever tetek bengek that follows.
I know I know banyak yang kaya 'Ih, lu mah enak bukannya gausah repot'
The grass always (looks) greener on the other side, my pren.

Anyway. Keluarga si Mama emang ga ngerayain CNY sih dari dulu juga.
Mungkin karena Engkong gw udah dosen kali ya. I mean udah kaya lamaaa di Indo dari jaman buyut.
Jadi pas jaman politik2 di Indo lagi anti mata-garis, kluarga mereka jadi convert Indo begitu.
MAYBE loh. Hanya analisis bocah semata.

Nah keluarga si Papa kan sebenernya Sulawesi totok ya (kalo ada istilah bgitu..).
Tapi somehow yang gw tau dari SulSel adalah :
1. Lokasinya di peta
2. Rumah nenek buyut gw yg dulu bawahnya kandang babi dan musti manjat batu dulu buat sampe
3. Bentuk rumah daerah
4. Makanan enaknya : Coto Makassar, Sop Konro, dll. Duh ngiler :'(
That's it and that's all.

Jadi begitulah background gw yang rada gado-gado.

Nah growing up, ada satu masa di mana gw rasanya pengen lahir jadi orang lain.

I am not a real Indo. I am not a real Chinese either. I don't belong.

Banyak banget kejadian dimana gw di rasisin.
I know, I know, semua orang juga pernah di rasisin.
Biasanya kan A ada prejudice tentang B then B sebaliknya sama si A.
Nah gimana kalo you are BOTH A and B?

Kaya misalnya lagi jalan sm temen terus bagi minum terus ada kalimat keluar,
"Ya gapapa lah bagi minum sm lu, lu kan bukan ti*o."
...
Back then, the worst was when my parents 'quarreled' (understatement) and one of your parent saying stuff about another parent's ethnic.
Like. Bad stuff. Very bad stuff.
Itu rasanya hati kaya di amplas. Sering.

Kemarin pas gw lagi ngegowes sepeda stationer dblkg rumah, Tuhan ingetin gw tentang hal ini.
Dan satu hal yang gw realize adalah there are lots, LOTS, of things in my life that I was not.. Ideal.
How is it even possible that I did not turn up full of bitterness and hating people?
How is it even possible that I am who I am today?
GRACE.
Only by His grace.
That's the only possible answer and the only thing needed to turn one's life upside down.
Only God can turn our mess into a message, a victim into a victor.

Jadi apa hubungannya cerita rasis2an gw sama Valentine?

Simple. When you know WHO you are IN CHRIST, there is no room for insecurity.

Gw pengen jadi Indo, pengen jadi Chinese, but I can't. Because I am BOTH.
And I am not a mistake nor a coincidence for God never made any mistake.
Besides, He loves me too much. Well. He did die for me. And for you!

When you know that your Father is the one holding the universe in His hand, yet willing to let go all the glory to become one of us, even die for us mere human, you know that your strength lies NOT in yourself, but in HIM. Your IDENTITY is in Him.
Kaya dimention Pak RDS di last BBC, 'If you want to know yourself, know your God'.

A different ethnicity, a different status, they are not the answer to fill the longing in our hearts.
We are created to love and being loved by The Creator himself.
We are designed to stick with Him forever, like branches to the tree.
Don't waste your time and energy to find a cheap replacement of the only Love that matters.
The cheap one will last you a few years or so, but Jesus' love? It's the living water that change and satisfy.. FOREVER.

31-39 So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:
They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. 

Romans 8:31-39The Message (MSG)


Too beautiful!

Can I just say it once more..

..nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. 


:)
Good night, precious people!
You are loved!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'