Skip to main content

Seven Quality

Last Thursday, my cell group discussing about Seven Quality We Should be Looking in A Partner.
Hmm.. We weren't actually made up the criteria ourselves.
We listened to a recorded preach of one minister from a great church in Singapore.

___________________________________________________________

I've learned that instead of personality, we should look for character.
I think personality here means some kind of attitude that can be changed easily by merely one's willingness in a relatively short time.
But character comes naturally since the day we born, shaped by how we've brought up by our family and circumstances.

The preacher metaphorically talked about cakes and its icings.

Character is the cake. Personality is the icing on the cake.
Children will naturally attracted by the icing more than the cake itself.
But as one matured, he/she will understand it's the cake that really matters.

So, this is the Seven Quality :)
Happy reading..

1. Committed to personal growth
A relationship consist of two persons.
You would never succeed if you're the only person who tried.
Even the greatest effort will be futile.
Therefore, both partner should understand that it takes two to make it happen.

However, before both of you can work on the relationship, make sure you also committed to your personal growth by hearing and doing God's words.
You'll certainly be tested by problems.
But through every problems, you can see the true quality in your partner.
How he/she reacts towards it? How can he/she handle it?

2. Emotionally open
It's very important to share with your partner, especially feelings :)
One should know how to express feeling.
Can you imagine how your relationship will be if he cannot express his affection to you.
Or worse, he can even say I LOVE YOU.

You should be looking someone with emotional generosity.
One who giving love abundantly, without limitation.
Don't torture yourself by forcing a relationship with someone with emotional dysfunctional.
Those who have a so-called limited supply of love.

A person who emotionally open also willing to be helped and guided through counselling, seminar, etc.
I mean, at some point, we're going to need help from others, rite?

3. Integrity
A person who posses integrity is always walking in the truth.
He'll say what he means, mean what he says.
Integrity is about consistency of character.
A simple example, he would never litter when he thought nobody's looking.
(HA! You got me here. hahahahaha)

Once you know your partner has this quality, you will trust him completely.
And no need a genius to say that trustworthiness is a main key of successful relationship.
Without it, you will positioned yourself in anxiety for the rest of your life, because you know you cannot believe in every word he said.
In the end, you'll loose respect in your partner.

4. Maturity and Responsibility
Yes, maturity doesn't come with age.
You can married a man who's 10 years older than you.
But it doesn't ensure you married to a mature person.
Imagine if you have a relationship with a child.
(I shudder with this thought. HAHA. Not a big fan of infant. Sorry :P )

However, maturity can be measured by the way he respect others around him.
How well he treated his boss, his colleagues, his employee?

A mature person would take care of himself, THEN he can take care of another.
That's why 'don't judge a book by its cover' is not applicable here.
Because a mature person can be seen by his habit and appearance.
How well he takes care of himself?
I mean, mostly it's true that 'messy outside, real mess inside.' LOL

5. Healthy Self Esteem
A man can love you as much as he love himself.
Therefore, the healthier he is, the stronger relationship he'll create.

A person with low self esteem will let himself being stepped on, taken advantage of, and likely to be abused by others.

One example I never imagine caused by low self esteem : PROCRASTINATION.
(omg. is it me???)
Anyway, the preacher said that a man tend to procrastinate if he was too afraid to see the effect of his action.
So to play save, he better do nothing. Hmm.

6. Positive Attitude Towards Life
This kind of person will always see the bad side of everything happen in his life.
He'll tend to blame others for bad things.
Doom and gloom all the time. And can be affected too much by his mood.

A positive people created positive relationship.
Conversely, a negative people created negative relationship.

7. Personal Chemistry
If more than one person can fulfill all six criteria above, the 7th will shrink your list to ONE.
Or no one? hahahaha

Yes, personal chemistry is indeed important.
You both either have it. Or don't.

Personal chemistry doesn't have to come in instance (love at first sight? possible? not possible?)
It can grow gradually when you've known him better.
I think it's better the latter.
Because it means you fall not only for the look.
But also with what's inside him/her :)

Of course, this 'sparkle' can fade away through time.
But if you two were ready to work together, it can be regained..
(of course you must HAVE it in the first place =_=)


_____________________________________________________________


Anyway, nobody's perfect.
I don't think nobody in this world has 100% of every quality.

That's why you must rank them up.
From all the Seven Quality, which one is the most important for you? Which one is the least important?
Which one you think a must-have in your partner?
And which one you can tolerate if he/she lack of the quality?

Everyone has their own preferences.

For me, integrity is the most important quality a man should posses.
Then, I can trust and respect him.
That's what makes me fall in love. And also will sustain the feeling.
A never ending respect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'