Skip to main content

A Glimpse of the Future


"Encounter with God releases your destiny;
faithfulness carries it to completion."

November 2018. That was a quote from Ko Rai's sermon on one Sunday in NGS service.
I posted the quote on my Insta feed because I was SUPERIMPACTED by that simple lines.

I recall what God has done.

And I was..
SHOOKT.
SHOOKT TO THE CORE OF MYSELF.

I was digging through my WA chat history and I'm GRATEFUL BEYOND MEASURE for my hooman-diaries because tbh my brain is wired like Dory in Finding Nemo,
I forgot easily.

The very first prophecy I received was in October 2016. 29 October 2016.
A few sentences that was SO ON POINT I could even see it's getting more ON POINT as time goes by. Other than the "I will give you nations" which is still in progress of course, there's this one sentence,

"Rise up, daughter of Zion."

So apparently, I have texted a dear sistur of mine, Gece, in 22 November 2017 (it's still in the history guys how crazy is that?) A little background story, in between October 2016 and 2017, I asked God, "Okay. Let say, You really want me to go to the nations, what will I do? Am I an accountant who travels? Or simply praying for nations from this little Red Dot? I can't see myself travelling, God. I'm not even a traveller.."

5 June 2017 (I got the text message right here lol). This was when a verse I have read for many times suddenly jumped out and became so significant in my heart.
"Before I made you in your mother's womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I chose you for a special work. I chose you to be a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5 ERV.
I read this verse over and over again.
And everytime I did, something in my heart leaped.
But it's.. TOO MUCH, RIGHT?
So I open another version. And ALLLLLLLLLLL 10 versions (yea I'm that persistent) hoping that maybe other version would write something like "teacher to the nations" or "preacher to the nations".
Anything but.. PROPHET???? Whud. Wrong woman, er, God.
But all 10 versions identically phrase it the same way, "...prophet to the nations."
I can't run can't I?

So my next question was,
"Ok God. Let say, You want me to be a prophet to the nations.
What kind of prophet? I have never seen any vision or any heavenly dream or whatsoever supernatural. I know my friend who sees this stuff, like Cuil. But me???"

This time, God didn't wait that long to answer me.
15 June 2017. One day after TLG prayer tower, Gece texted me.
She told me that a few days ago, she read Ezekiel 37 about the valley of the dry bones and how they come alive to be God's mighty warriors. She intended to give the verse to Cuil (her now hubby wkwkwk) but somehow she's forgotten. God reminded her of this verse, but He said it's not for Cuil. But it's for me.
Gece said, "I just knew that prophet doesn't have to see visions. You’re maybe the kind of prophet that awaken people's hope. You wake dry bones up, bringing people back to their own land.. to God. We were 2 dry bones that were asleep and now we're awaken. But I think we're talking about greater things now. We're talking about nations now."

I laughed.
Because the other choice was to cry.

This is too big for me.

I put the "dry bones thingy" on the shelves. I forgot everything. Dory me.

Until 22 November 2017.
This is what I've shared to Gece about my morning devo (Yea I typed this much apparently)

"Remove the worthless things from silver to make it pure, and a worker can make something beautiful." Proverbs 25:4 ERV
I felt that this verse was so short, yet super powerful, too! I've started journaling this month and as I wrote everything down, I got more things to write down. I was reminded of purification process where dross will be separated from the silver.

When Isaiah said, "Here I am, send me." I believe it's about ordinary people who does extraordinary things. It's not about a golden or a silver vessels. But about a yielded vessel. Submit and obey.
There's this passage in Isaiah 1:22 and 25 about the silver and the dross. This passage said something about "Zion will be redeemed with justice" which remind me of the prophecy, "Rise up, daughter of Zion. Isiah reminded me that this purification process is about the restoration of diluted truth. I think I'm being purified to purify others. So I could be a vessel that yield to God.
I'll  be the kind of prophet who purifies diluted truth.
And from this purification, there'll be justice and repentance of the righteous people.

I was brought to Ezekiel 22. It's about silver purification and God's wrath. 
"I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one."

I will be be brought to a place where I have to "wake up"  God's people who are asleep.
I gotta stand in the gap for this people who, once awaken, will then stand in the gap, too.

..
SHOOKT.
..
..
...
.........

I wrote all that????? Did I?? If I don't have the WA history till now, I would totally forget that once, in the past, God has given me a glimpse of what lies ahead from that point of time UNTIL NOW.
(well, I think He knows that I would forget. Hence, the WA chat backup game going strong..)


Because where I'm standing now..
I can see clearly, what God has brought me to, sustained me through, and delivered me from.

Little did I know that 1 month after this text, God 'offered' me an adventure out of my comfort zone.
I said "Yes" to the adventure of a life time. To cut the story short, I landed to an unknown land called The Channel. I haven't officially moved. I just quietly said, "Yes" to God.

The next thing I know, God brought me to my partner in crime for the season, Mel.
We bonded over Thai tantric's pork belly rice (surprise, surprise, lol). We shared about values, about ministering to generations, to families.
And the rest is history.
Well. 
Next post, maybe?

My point here is..

Restoration of diluted truth.
A yielded vessel.
Restoring the wall of defense.
Standing in the gap for the defenseless people.
Waking up God's people to stand in the gap side by side with me.

These are the happenings right now. And before it begun, He has given me a glimpse of the future (which totally forgotten by Ms Dory here).
Wew.. God is doing something in the very place I'm standing right now.
I wish you could see what I'm seeing from my vantage point here.
God is moving His people into strategic positions. He burned passion in people's heart.
Those that were asleep or in confusion, are now slowly understand their season and responsibilities.
God is making stream in the dessert. Where there is no life before, I saw new plants.
Lots and lots of them.

And all the painful process! All the breaking, the crushing, the pressure and fire!
God, now I see what you're doing.
And to be honest, You know how I wanna quit like a million times at least.
But you fought for me! You defended me from myself!
You gave me reason to stay on the right track, over and over and over again.
And now.. Now I can see that everything You do is as beautiful as You!

Father. You are perfect in ALL of your ways.
I know, You'll do it again :)
ILYSM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'