Skip to main content

When God is All You've Got

Puzzle pieces.


"Maybe what you've seen right now are puzzle pieces.
And you can't get the whole picture right.
But remember, those pieces are God's.
That's why you can trust that the picture is beautiful.
Just do your part."

Wah really. I couldn't stop crying during the NGS session today.
And I have this little flu and the crying didn't help so I kinda had to breathe from my mouth a little wkwkwkwkwkwk. All eye makeup were gone lol.
God's love was so tangible.

It's 6 days to the GWilliams wedding! I can't believe I'll be in Bandung next Friday.
SO MANY THINGS HAPPENNED IN A SHORT FEW WEEKS.
One of them is my bebep Gece's bridal shower.
Shella asked all  of us this questions, "What makes you wanna get married? What makes you DON'T?"

Why I want to. Hmm well.
Because WHEN I do, that means I'm fulfilling God's purpose in my life.
(I mean, well, for me, no other reason really.
If I want a companion for life, I'll get myself a dog. wkwkwkwkw)
Why I don't. Well. HONESTLY.
I'M SCARED OF GOING THROUGH THE PROCESS.
Like. One thing I'm sure of, marriage involves 2 imperfect persons.
And when imperfect persons meet, there bound to be some frictions.
It's more than 'iron sharpen irons', because THIS IRON STAYS WITH US FOREVER.
HAHHAHAHA. That's why, let's just make sure that you don't get to choose your 'IRON' anyhow.

See the thing is I am now NOT in a relationship (single, not jomblo uhuh okay).
And what God has dug out of me ('dug' wkwk) WAS SCARY STUFF HERE.
It's like He reached out the layer of my heart that was untouched before.
With one big swoop, He stripped of that layer, and IT HURTS SO MUCH I WANNA DIE.
But then I live again. He breathed into me.

See, the thing with our GoodGood Father here, He never 'just do' stuff randomly.
He chooses the most perfect timing and moment. Usually when we're at our lowest.
He exposes the 'skeleton' in my heart, from darkness into light.
Not to condemn me.
But to heal. To embrace me, so I can go deeper.

I never thought that I was broken.
Well, maybe back then I was.
I thought I was MORE THAN OKAY.

Growing up, I was taught that girls must be tough. Independent.
My father wanted us, girls, to be strong. Not to ask help because people will disappoint.
And the way I see the happenings of my family growing up, yes, he's kinda right tho.

So, in this very ground, I stood and built my castle of life.
A castle that contains me and my independence.
A very prideful ground, that is.

Ok can't write too much detail but what I can say is..
For me, to be entirely vulnerable with a person is.. simply the scariest thing in life.

Someone who is completely and rawly open, unguarded with their heart, mind, and soul. Being vulnerable happens when you trust completely. Rather its vulnerability by pain or joy, it's being exposed with all of the emotions that make it easy for someone (someone you trust) to really do some emotional damage or healing.. Vulnerability is the surrender of all control and personal power in regards to letting someone close enough to destroy you!
See! HOW SCARY IS THAT!
But God's love breakthrough my walls of pride..
No shadow You won't light up
Mountains You won't climb up
Coming after me
No walls You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

My Father doesn't stop there.
His reckless love CHASES after my heart.
HE WANTS MY HEART!!!!!!!!

My twisted sister told me that "Being vulnerable is honorable in God's eyes."

So there.. When everything else around me came crushing down, crushed by the Love of God,
I stood there. Shivering naked (FIGURATIVELY LA YA).

But it's like.. The pride that was once there, the very same pride that has held me back from loving the way God has loved me first, well that wall, has been torn down.
Suddenly I stood in this wide open space. Where the sky is endless, and the green pasture has no ends. And I know God has taken me by the hand, holding me close, a child in her Father's arms.

I never felt so loved before.
And so free to love. OH THE LOVE THO!
Wave after wave after wave! I am drowned but never felt so alive!

It's so God, tho.. What the world views as 'weakness', God turned them all upside down and inside out. I'm content to be weak now, because I know that God is the strength of my heart.
I can't believe that I'm saying this.. But I rather be a bench warmer for the Man and the man rather than chasing my own limelight that leads me to nothingness.
In fact, I'm now choosing to be a bench warmer for God.
(Nulis sambil nangis)
If that what it takes, God, take everything that I have.
I don't want anything else but what You want from me.

In all this priceless painful process, He holds my heart.
Safe and secure. And He counts every tears.

My heart is overwhelmed by my Father's love.
You see..
When everything around me came crushing down..
And I left with nothing..
I found out that God is all I've got.
And He is all I need.
More than enough.

It is You, Father.
It's always been You, all along.
I love You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'