Skip to main content

Lifelines and The Anchor

Yellow beloved!

Blogging from the coziest position one could ever ask.
Really.
Under the flowery duvet. Typing on this lightweight baby lol lol.
"Stay and Wait" (acoustic one) playing on my YouTube.
The room is cool and warm at the same time.
LOL.
Moving onnn.

Work was Crazy. Yes. With the capital C. Haha.
But thank God, the maximum OT I did so far was only for.. 15 mins. Bahaha!
You should know. I was super weary super anxious to face the 1st working day of 2014.
I was afraid of my input tray, which, according to my colleague/friend, was 'HORRORR'.
Well, apparently my imagination was scarier than the reality itself.
Because, honestly, I can't ask for a better first-(post holi)day than this.

Anyway. Just wanna share a bit.
Something that was revealed to me earlier during my holiday and became clearer and clearer each day.

I was about to post this family photo on my Instagram (lol) when I was reminded of this word:


'LIFELINE'


And somehow I can't get this word out of my mind.
What came up to my mind is this tool that too often used by a so-called spy.
When they are about to climb a tall building or a wall, they will take this tool, from which a rope would spring and then an iron claw at the end of the rope will get hold of the wall.
(...I'm so bad at describing a process lol)
The 2nd thing that came up is a boat in the middle of the sea.
In order to stop moving, they will drop this big chain with an anchor at the end of the chain to secure the position.
Still not 100% convinced, I Googled it.
Just to make sure that I didn't write something nonsense on my IG lol.
And according to Mr Google :

LIFELINE//ˈlʌɪflʌɪn

1. a rope or line used for life-saving, typically one thrown to rescue someone in difficulties in water or one used by sailors to secure themselves to a boat.
2a thing on which someone or something depends or which provides a means of escape from a difficult situation.

Well, not that far from my earlier imagination, right?

Then it downed on me, that it is true.
It is true that for me, my family is my lifeline.
My lifeline is my family.
My dad, mom, and baby sister.
Parents, sister, guardians, teachers, protectors, bestfriends, mentors, gosipping and shopping partners, nurse, driver.
Err. I really can't describe how significant their role in my life.
Simply said, without them I won't even be here.
I mean, literally. LOL.


But one lifeline is different than others, right?

Some people believe in themselves, that they are able to safe themselves.
Some people believe in their bestfriends, that even the shittiest day doesn't look too awful because of them.
Some people believe in their significant other, that as long as they have each other, everything will be alright.

Different background, different childhood, different path, circumstances, experiences.
I believe they are the reason why we hold on to different lifeline.
Whatever it is, a lifeline is supposed to keep us safe, is it?
It is supposed to bring us some kind of comfort.
A certain assurance that we can sleep tight and not to worry THAT much, because in the end, whatever comes may, your lifeline will, well, keep you alive.

Is it?

Are you sure that those rope that now you are hang on to, is securely tighten to the rock?
How if you're halfway climbing the building, then the rope that you are hanging on to, is shaken? Or worse, break and torn.

What will happen to me, if the best thing in my life, is taken away from me?
What will happen if my family is taken away from me?

Isn't that the scariest thing ever?
Scary. But not impossible.
If it is happen, will it be the end of me?

The next day, I was reminded through this song
and my daily devotional 

A paragraph that has really strengthen me when I was down facing my first day at work

Every day we live out a faith adventure that takes us to a different type of tug-of-war: a battle that we fight against the invisible. On the enemy’s side of the rope, the opponents are lined up, ready to take you down and pull you into a pit: fear, doubt, guilt, insecurity, comparison, inadequacy and lies.  On the faith side of the rope, standing firm and ready to fight are: confidence, identity in Christ, compassion, forgiveness, competence and truth.


..but one that was really INSPIRING for me is the scripture itself

This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. (Hebrews 6:19a, NLT)


There you go. That word again. Anchor.

And I immediately understand.

I understand that it doesn't matter what your lifeline is.
It doesn't matter how steady it is, it could be shaken anytime soon.
It doesn't matter how sturdy it is, it could be broken down soon.
What matters in the end is the Anchor.
One that has a hold of the other end of your lifeline.

I realize how I am blessed beyond measure.
Because I know that even if my lifeline is fragile, and that life itself, is fragile.
This Anchor gets a hold of the end of my rope, stronger than anything ever existed in the world, simply because He is the One creating the world lol.
Even when my world is shaken upside down, inside out.
Even when no more strength left in me.
Even when I am too tired and my grip to the rope is weaken,
I know that I am secure.
Not because I am strong enough, or tough enough, or wise enough,
but because this Anchor NEVER let go.

Yeah. So. Hahah. I'm still too amazed myself.

So, what is your lifeline?
What is your source of hope for the unknown future?
What is the most valuable thing in your life that keeps you safe now?
But most importantly, are you sure your anchor's strong enough?

Well..
Just sit back quietly, plug your earpiece in, and enjoy this song.
The lyrics is super powerful, especially the bridge part ;)

Side-track a bit, do you ever wonder how much is His love for you?
Like this big :
Imagine the greatest kind of love you ever experience, now times the number of second you have lived in this world times the number of world population, times the number of stars in the night sky, times the number of sand in all beaches in the world.


..Nahh. I still think His love is still much much exponentially unmeasurably bigger and deeper and better. LOL.








Night peeps.
I love you.
Because Love never fails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'