Skip to main content

A Little Thing Called Love

Hello from Jakarta ;)
Yes. I'm on holiday.
And yes, I do miss blogging.
So many things happened in between this post and the previous one.
So many events passed, memories to be bottled-up, lessons learned.
A friend of mine asking if I was heartbroken.
LOL. LOL.
It's not my heart. It's my laptop.
 
Anyway.
 
As I say on the previous blog, TIME FLIES!
It's almost 2014. Wow. Like.. WOW!
I'm not about to list down my 'resolutions' here.
But let me share something that I learned in this past year.
Well. And yeah. It's about this little thing called : LOVE.
 
I first learned about love from my family.
Well. I was born out of love.
And as I grew older, I see things differently.
As you might know, every family has their own secrets. Flaws.
So does mine.
When things get rough and rougher by the day, I see that love is temporary.
It holds, while it lasts.
 
In high school, I fell in love.
I like people before. But not like this. (LOL. So does every hormonal teenage girl say)
For the first time, every love songs make sense.
For the first time, I understand the meaning of 'head over heels'.
For the first, I experience 'I love you so much, it hurts'.
This kind of love was all-consuming, self-centered, egocentric.
I was addicted to the love itself.
 
In university, my guard was up.
Because I learned that not only it is temporary, love kills.
If you give yourself too much, you'd have nothing left in the end.
So I keep my cards closed, knowing that it is better off not knowing, than got hurt.
Oh, and I learned that guys play game. LOL. And no, I wasn't about to participate.
 
I was introduced to TLG.
My extended family.
And as time goes by, grace by grace, I'm falling in love. Again.
I never expect to. Never plan to.
I know you must hear this one "We love because He first loved us".
Well, I always thought that means I love OTHERS because God first love me.
But flashing back to my early 'love life', I understand that it is much more than that.
See.
The thing is, I was not able to fall in love.
Not because that I didn't want to, but because I COULDN'T.
I was disappointed, I was tired.
I found that loving people only drains myself out, in return of.. Nothing.
 
Then, things happened. (You may read my prev posts, about work life and TLG and The Royals).
Simply put, I now understand, that everything happened for a reason.
Things that was out of hand, things that was beyond my control, He turns everything for the better.
It's like trying to solve a puzzle.
A tiny bit here, another one there.
Things fall into places.
Plans that didn't work out, doors that were closed, were meant to bring me to where I am supposed to be.
And the realisation how my ruin He turns into beauty, brings me to my knees.
How all the wound that should make me bitter towards life, turns to strengthen me.
 
Have you ever have this feeling. You want to open up, but then, you're afraid of people's judgements.
You're afraid that opening up means being vulnerable, and instead of closure, you'll find more bitterness instead.
That's what I felt. Before.
If people see where did I come from, if people see what kind of person I was, they would see me differently.
But experiencing this Love, you'd know that all that doesn't matter anymore.
Because despite of all the flaws, all the nasty stuff you hide inside, despite of all the wounds and hurts, despite of your ego that was bigger than the universe, He loves you still.
And nothing, NOTHING, you did or you said will make Him stop doing that.
 
This realization change me.
Change my perspective on love. And on myself.
That I am able to love, is a grace. That I am able to love, because He gives His love freely.
It's not that because I am too special, or too cute lol, or too adorable or obedient that makes me worthy of His love. On the contrary, it is His love that makes me worthy :)
 
These days, I learned a few new things about love.
 
That love, means giving.
Er.. It's not about money. Trust me.
To love means giving a little bit (or more) of yourself.
It could be your time, your strength, your happiness, your ear, etc etc.
 
To love unselfishly, is a bit challenging for me (understatement of the year).
I tend to expect people to reciprocate, well, aren't we all.
But I've learned that sometimes, to love means to let go.
Let go of your expectation, let go of your ego.
 
I've just been to one emotionally rough nights lol, where I was holding down many things inside.
I was in the brink of disappointment, and honestly, I was really, really tired.
It is so much easier to.. let go. And just never returned.
But writing this blog, I was reminded that if you know you've given so much love, you'd be inclined to give it to others.
Simply, because you want them to see this world as colourful as you see it.
You want them to see
that
Love never fails.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Night peeps :)
You are loved.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'