Skip to main content

Love Knows No End


Yellow!
It's been quite a while. 
The awesome month of October is heereee!
Can't believe how time flies. Christmas is coming in 2 months time.
My favorite month, after October, of course. LOL.
Ok lah. I tell you why October is so special.
Because a few days ago was my birthdayyyy lol.
It. Was. AWESOME.
Ok so 1 day before the Day, I was supposed to go high-tea-ing with my girls.
With all our daily routines, it's been impossible to have this kinda meet up without arranging our schedule a few weeks in advance. (Never ever take your uni life for granted, kids)
Anyway.
We're supposed to meet around 3.30PM at Goodwood Park.
So. Plenty of time. I woke up late, my usual lazy Saturday morning.
Made myself a bowl of Korean ramyun and brought it to my room so I could watch Suits while eating lol.
That time, my window was opened. So was my door. The aircon was switched off.
Then I heard the front door of the house was unlocked. But, of course, I thought it was one of my housemates.
Not long after that, I heard someone say 'Helloooooooow' and when I turned my head to that voice
I'm like .............
...............................................
......................................................
Ok. I blanked out for a few minutes.
My brain tried to comprehend the info sent by my eyes.
Okay. Two persons. Two ladies. But those face weren't belong in Singapore.
At least not at that particular time.
Then one of them actually came to me and hug me.
I think my brain has finished loading, so then I know that those were my mom and my sister. LOL.
I scream so loud in surprised. WHEEEE!!!
They brought bakmi GM and the famous pangsit, like, 2 boxes of them.
MUAHAHA!!!
So. I think that was the first time I was THAT surprised.
I mean, usually I know if something is about to happen. Yes. I'm THAT intuitive. LOL.

So. To cut the story short.
That Saturday and the next Sunday afterward was superduper well-spent with people I love the most.
Oh. I still went for the high tea with the girls.
Another surprise at night from the housemates. 
They actually waited until I wiped off my make up so I look the ugggggliiesst when they came up with the cake and candles. HAHA.
I just felt superblessed and loved and awesomely appreciated by all the blessings from all the Church mates, and all the besties from all around the world :) I miss you, guys. Seriously.
My heart overflowed with gratitude and that night I prayed to God.
I only can say 'Thank You'.
But I know that even my biggest words still can't describe how thankful I am.
So I asked God.
God, please let me know, what should I do to please You more.

Well. I didn't get the answer straightaway.

But the next day, we went to a pet shop at  VivoCity.
(Well, what can I say? We love dogs. It runs in the family. LOL)
So we saw lots of pups and dogs.
Some were asleep in their glass box.
Some were groomed and got their fur shaped.
One was bathed on a giant basin lol.
Some are cute. Some are SUPERcute.
But for me, the love of my life is still Muffin.
Well. Objectively, she might not be the best pup.
She's not toilet trained yet, well, you can imagine the mess.
She might get crazy, running back and fro in the middle of the night when we're watching TV.
And you wouldn't know how hurt it is to be bitten by her when she got excited with herself ._.
But for me, she's still the one.
Why? Simply because she is mine.
I love her dearly, because she is mine.
He loves me dearly, because I am His.

I was.. in awe.

Because He understands the depth of my simple prayer.
That what I'm actually asking is not 'What should I do to please Him'
but instead, 'What should I do to please Him, so He would love me even more'
I didn't understand what I felt exactly, when I pray for it.
And His answer is.. Nothing.

Nothing I should do, to make Him love me even more.
Because whatever I do, whoever I am, would never diminish my value in His heart.
To feel more of His love, I don't need to EARN it.
His love is THERE in abundance.
Many times I do things to please Him.
But I never realize that sometimes, there might be a 'hidden agenda' that maybe, just maybe, whatever I do could make Him love me even more.
Well.. I couldn't.
Because it's true that His love knows no end.
It's depth is unfathomable. Even if I live 1,000,0000 years, I know that I wouldn't hit rock bottom when it comes to 'diving' in His unending love.

The night after we visited the petshop, I read my devotional.
And guess what?
Here's a view paragraphs

God adores you, too. Just because you are His child. His sweet daughter.
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
And that is what we are!"(1 John 3:1a)

Have you considered that perhaps God isn't longing for you to come to Him with perfect, polished prayers that have fifty-cent words and flowery language? Have you thought about the pleasure God experiences when you simply approach Him just as you are, warts and all, because He loves you? He delights in your attention. He takes pleasure when you go to Him simply because you are His.


I burst into tears straightaway.
Have you ever felt so deeply loved and blessed, knowing that this love is for FOREVER and nothing, NOTHING can separate you from this love.
So yeah.
I think that's the greatest gift one could ever ask for her birthday :)


Here's a song for you. It's on this YouTube playlist I randomly clicked while writing.


I lift my eyes to see Your face
I know my help is in Your Name
In everything
Held by hands
Of mercy

And I will run and not grow weary
I will rise in God my strength
My heart will trust
For all my hope
Is Christ alone

Now my soul sings
Your love it knows no end
Your love it knows no end
Your love it knows no end

I will love for You have loved
I will forgive as You forgive
Your love prevails
You fill my life
With hope again


We love because He first loved us
(1 John 4:19)



Good night, Beloved :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'