Skip to main content

A New Song!

I am now sitting in my cubicle, thinking, it's only less than 4 hours after lunch, yet so many things happened. And none of them are work related lol.


Less than 1 hour ago, Ijah sent me a dog related post (as usual hahaha) and I asked her how she's doing these days. Well, we used to meet at least twice a week, during cell group and TLG. And I know, with or without the recent changes, it's been a challenging year for both of us.

So when she told me, "Surviving. But not denying that this period is very tough indeed."

I FEEL YOU JAH.
wkwkwkwkwkwkwkkwkwwkwkw.

But let me open this post with gratitude of God's faithfulness.

Last Monday, after enjoying too much Song Fa and all those café thingy with me in SG, my mom admitted to hospital. Apparently those headache were not ordinary nausea (masuk ingin. no better English translation here lol). It's dengue. We suspect she was 'bitten' in Indo because there's a dengue case nearby my house. The fogging thing was kinda late.

But today she was discharged HOO HAA! God is good!
And I thanked God because Febe was there to help around.

And Febe was there to help around because she's in the waiting for her uni announcement and the scholarship as well.
SO! We just spoke. She told me that her application was in waiting list while her scholarship's deadline for the admission of her uni must be by today. Err rather complicated, really.
Cut short, she did not make it.
Her previous application to UK and Netherland weren't successful either.
And her last door was closed  with a loud BANG!

When mom's here, we talked about this uni thing.
How dad kinda opposed the whole idea.
I remember I told mom, God really can do anything.
But if He closed this door, I prayed He also protects Febe's heart from any harm of disappointment.

So when Febe texted me, I quickly called her.
You know what she told me?

Febe has been appointed as one of FUSE (her cell group) core member.
And yesterday was her first FUSE as a core member, and the sharing was about 'faith.'
She was reminded that it's not about being sure that what we WANT will be ours.
But rather, to be SURE that God is sovereign in all situations.
She told me that all this time she's been limiting God with the kind of prayer : work or master degree.
Because God is bigger than 'work or master degree.'
In fact, if God told Febe 'be a scuba diver'.
Against all sense, and beyond of comprehension, she should just say YES.
Because she knows who God is. He is good. He is BEYOND our comprehension.

ALL THAT was before the announcement today.

She told me that in the waiting, God has taught her SO MANY THINGS.
Like MMMMAAANYYY.
And I told her I can see that. Clearly.
Because Febe to whom I'm speaking now is not the Febe a few months ago.
She has grown. A lot. In understanding of God's heart and mostly, in faith.
She has been stretched so much. I could see that the past season of waiting was not easy at all for her.
It's been, what? A year? (aduh seriously bad at remembering dates and time wkwk).
And this stretch has make her more than a sister to me. Know we are peers in our race of running after God. We can see eye to eye. And my heart can be more glad knowing that MY JOB IS DONE.
FEBE IS COVERED! wkwkw. God. I love you.

You know what.
Even as I wrote the things above, I am in tears. yes. In my office cubicle AND in tears wkwk.
God reminded me that all that tears and sacrifice of obedience.. of leaving my family behind.
My sister has reaped what I've sown.
When I step down from the 'core', He appointed Febe IN to the 'core' team.
Wow God. So big. So.. WOW (lost for words).

It's not about the position of being in the core team, disclaimer okay.
It's about being reminded that every act of faith in humility will have it's ripple effect to our loved ones..

It's been a tough season, yes, Jah.. I admit it is tough.
I wrestled with a lot of things. When my comfort is stripped away.. It's kinda like swimming alone.
But then.. I realize that I am NOT alone for I wrestle WITH God.

This morning on my way to the office, while walking to the bus stop, I asked God in desperation..
'God.. I don't know where I am.. Please, give me a new song to dance to..'
He knew what I meant. I asked for Him to guide me in this season of THE UNKNOWN.

And.. God being God WKWKWKWK.
Today a new EP album from Planetshakers was just released.

NOT ALONE

[Verse 1]
When I feel distant
Your love draws me close
When my hope is missing
Your presence is my home

[Verse 2]
You're my protector
Your word keeps me safe
The love of my Father
Nothing can separate

[Pre-Chorus]
No matter where I've been or what I've done
You'll never leave or hold back Your love
Your presence is surrounding me

[Chorus 1]
I am not alone, You are here with me
You've given me Your heart and You will never leave
Father, You're always good and You're always here for me
You'll never leave

[Verse 3]
When I feel broken
You show me what it cost
To win back my freedom
My Saviour on the cross

[Pre-Chorus]
No matter where I've been or what I've done
You'll never leave or hold back Your love
Your presence is surrounding me

[Chorus 1]
I am not alone, You are here with me
You've given me Your heart and You will never leave
Father, You're always good and You're always here for me
You'll never leave

[Bridge]
For all of my days
Your love wraps around me
Love wraps around my heart
And I am safe
I'll worship forever
Worship with all my heart
For all of my days
Your love wraps around me
Love wraps around my heart
And I am safe
I'll worship forever
Worship with all my heart
[Chorus 2]
I am not alone, You are here with me
You've given me Your heart and You will never leave
Father, You're always good and You're always here for me
You'll never leave
You'll never leave, You'll never leave
You'll never leave, You'll never leave!

[Bridge]
For all of my days
Your love wraps around me
Love wraps around my heart
And I am safe
I'll worship forever
Worship with all my heart
For all of my days
Your love wraps around me
Love wraps around my heart
And I am safe
I'll worship forever
I'll worship with all my heart!

HE REALLY GAVE ME A NEW SONG!! Like. Literally wkwk.

Father, YES INDEED, You're always good.
And you're always here for me.
I love You.
Let Your Love be the only song I dance along to. Forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Made a Promise

“I know this is too fast. And please don’t ask me why, because I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why.” “I won’t ask you why. Because I know.. It’s God.”   Wkwkwkwkwwkwkwkwkww duh supershy padahal biasanya ga tau malu. I’m still getting used to this. But those who viewed our IG feed and saw the pic posted in FB would know what this is all about. The Promise of God. It’s been there, mentioned the wholeee time in my earlier posts, yet unnamed. I’ll try to recall the whole story. Some details would be lost in translation because there are wayyyy TOO MANY. Haha. Fyi. I’VE BEEN WAITING SOOO LOOOONG TO SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD. So, here goes. Last Sunday, R asked me out to dinner. A few days before, he’s mentioned this fancy place and I calmly (I think) said, “Yes, yes why not” while inside I was [insert screaming emoji here] knowing that this is not a normal dining experience. OMG. I was so glad it’s through a text message, otherwise he would see me SCREAM

The Boy Who Showed Me My WHY

So last week, the entire school left Redding for ministry trip around the States. I went to Phoenix for 8 days and came home to school with tons of testimonies of healing, people set free, delivered, and experiencing the love of the Father in the most tangible way. But here’s my personal take on the trip to Phoenix, AZ. I met a boy and this divine appointment marked my life forever. I told God (and my team mates), if the reason of my entire trip, all the whirlwind of fund raising and preparations, was just for this one moment with this boy, I would do it all over again.  So on an evening, I was told that I would go to minister to kids in a home church the next day. (On prerequisite of being in the trip with Bethel people is a heart that is always ready with a smiley YES to whatever comes next. HAHAH. So many last minute change, you could be blindsided by the suddenness of if. Or you can take it as an invitation to lean on the Holy Spirit leading. It’s nerve-wrecking for a bit, but once

I Belong to The Youth

SO! I don't know where to start. But I certainly could say that THIS is not the end. God is not done yet. In fact, earlier today I was discussing things with Ijah and we both agreed on something : we are on an accelerated roller coaster ride. Faster than ever! Higher than we ever been before! There are milestones in life. Like moments when you graduated uni, or when your PR is approved. When you moved overseas or going back for good. Moments that marked a change in the season of life. But there are other kinds of moments : intangible, but leaving marks so deep your brain might let go but your soul never will. And last week was THAT kind of moments. A series of events that, combined together, was just.. Well. I couldn't find A WORD to describe it best. But I would try my best to re-tell the story. Here goes. (Beware. It's gonna be long) I was considering a one day leave, a half-day plus another half-day, or simply a 2 days leave to attend Empowered21. If you'